1st May - Work for Formative

Lead Question

Who determines the brand the artist or the management?


Research strategy


Chapter 1
What is branding?

Chapter 2
Is it the management or the artist that make the brand? - Debate

Chapter 3
Talk about a specific artist or several? how they changed overtime due to branding - Debate



Research Sources

Primary
Interviews (3):

  • I will try to organise an interview with James Colburn who is the site manager at MTV based in oxford street offices. He has worked there for many years and deals with online stories/articles about all kinds of artists, so he has seen them evolve. 
  • I will also try to organise an interview with a good friend of mine Faye Sawyer who is a fashion stylist, and has worked for many artists and TV shows such as the XFactor. I will be able to find out things like, if the mentors tried to force their own branding on the artists each week without letting them have their own individuality. 
  • I also have 2 friends of mine who are up and coming artists in the music industry, they do alot of gigs and recordings around London, the point of this would be to get another persons point of view to see if my theory matched theres, and how they would say they brand themselves.

Letters:
  • I will write to music companies/record companies, to see if they are the ones creating the brand, if so they can give me an insight into how. When they look for new people what do they look for?
  • I will write to management companies who look after the artists for there point of views.

Surveys:
  • I will create a survey of pictures which people will have to guess which artist belongs to that picture, to see how heavily branded that artist is, by just looking at a picture you would 99% know which artist it would be. 

Secondary
Throughout my research i will look at:

  • Books
  • Blogs
  • Articles
  • Magazines
  • Social Media (twitter/facebook)
  • Wesbites
  • DVDS/Films




No comments:

Post a Comment