- Lead question
- Research Strategy
- Progess Maps
What is it?
Asking yourself why should be central question
- Formulate as a question not a statement
- how do i find out the answer, can i answer it myself?
- How specific is it?
- Organise research now, for interviews etc so i am prepared
How branding effects the build up of a person/artist?
What they do as an artist dosent matter anymore because of the way their branded
Introduction - beginning (800-1000 words)
Conclusion - End (800 - 1000 words)
- Introuduce the reader
- Explain the lead question / what is it your going to investigate and why
- Use the research method, explain what is it, primary or secondary, justify it.
- How you going to structure your analyses, introduce chapter structure
- Sum it up with the intension of what you want to find out
(Might want to write introduction last)
- Contain the most important points and sum up the arguments
- Read other peples introduction and conclusions
- Your own views based on all the research i have done
Chapters ( no more than 3)
- Make it manageable, break it into mini essays
- (1500 per chapter roughly)
- Think about the order
- What your going to address in each chapter?
- Give your chapters titles or questions/themes
- Logical and clear
Research Strategy: Thinking about my lead question
- Maybe look at people constructing the brand (email/contact them) instead of the artists
- Artists are the brand
- Great debate
- Lead question should suggest debate and critic
- Ethics - a sense of right or wrong
- Are their any ethical questions you need to think about (whether people are manipulating other people)
- Whenever you do a comparison you need criteria
- Linked to dates
- More information, better grade
- Reflections on tutorials
- Email that i may of sent
- Interesting to see beginning to end
- Any type of research
- Forward planning
- Watch or listening
- notice board
How branding defines an artist:
- Michael Jackson for example if you saw a picture of his glove, you would know straight away who it belonged to.
- Even album covers, if you were to buy a heavy metal rock and roll album you would know what to look for, because it would be the total opposite to a classical album.